1. fixing… a weird problem with the site. (Basically, if you looked at the site a little more than an hour before this post went live… there was nothing here. At all.) I’ve got the issue itself sorted, but there might still be a few little problems. Trust that I’ll have it cleaned up in a day or so.
2. working… on two different story outlines (one new, one for draft 2 of the NaNoWriMo novel). I’m having way more fun than I expected.
3. having… one of my occasional creative/existential freak-outs. It only lasted two days! This is progress!
4. running… into problems with the tote bag I’ve been making. (This is why I shouldn’t improvise this kind of thing.) The project’s on hold while I sort out the logistics.
5. re-watching… Prison Break. Not the whole thing… just enough to remind myself where we left off before I start watching the new season.
6. finalizing… plans for the huge painting that I’ve kinda-sorta been planning for a few years now. I will get it done within the next few weeks. (… and I’ve already started planning a second painting. So.)
7. doing… a little research. I have plans.
8. looking… for a good casual game for iOS. (Since I started limiting my news & Twitter browsing, I’ve got weird little empty blocks of time that I don’t know what to do with.)
9. playing… with HeroMachine. I suppose it’s technically procrastination, but I have my reasons, and it’s not a complete waste of time.
10. making… deep dish pizza, for the first time in ages. So good!
1. starting… my second photo project for the year. I’ll be talking about it soon.
2. getting… back on track. Everything that I neglected over the holidays is falling back into place, and it’s fantastic.
3. wishing… for better weather. Every time I make up my mind to go out and do something, it’s either raining or cold. Stupid winter.
4. making… bread. It’s been a few weeks; it’s time to get back in the habit.
5. watching… Class. I’m not entirely sure what I was expecting going in, but it’s a lot of fun. (That said, as far as Doctor Who spinoffs go, what I really want is more Torchwood.)
6. trying… to read more comics this year. (It’s not exactly difficult. It’s not a medium I read a lot.) If you have recs, please let me know!
7. thinking… up lots of new and exciting ideas.
8. feeling… annoyed. The downside of being (relatively) organized: when I do drop the ball, even on something minor, it really bothers me.
9. catching…a glimpse of the finish line on my NaNoWriMo draft. I’m so close—I should be wrapping it up this week.
10. starting… to feel like I need to cut my hair.
1. listening… to DJ Riko’s 2016 Christmas mix—the latest addition to one of my favourite holiday traditions.
3. thinking… of about four different story ideas. Writing begets writing. I hadn’t exactly forgotten that, but it’s nice to be reminded.
4. starting… my Christmas baking. How did I ever survive without a stand mixer? (Or a dishwasher?)
5. watching… Luke Cage. (It’s taken me a while to make room in my TV schedule.)
6. loving… the margherita pizza at Morris East. So good.
7. cursing… the cold. I miss autumn already.
8. finalizing… my plans for 2017.
9. making… gingerbread waffles. (Still using this fantastic recipe.)
10. accepting… the fact that my routine is going to fall apart starting tomorrow.
1. getting… the office in order. Slowly. A lot of my plans are on hold until I can finally order the bookshelves I want.
2. daydreaming… about scarves and fingerless gloves. Soon.
3. making… plans for a new monthly feature. Watch this space!
4. choosing… what recipes I’m going to try this Christmas. Already. (I finally found all the ingredients for a recipe that I’ve wanted to make since 2009.)
5. buying… new workout gear. It makes me feel like a futuristic (possibly post-apocalyptic) ninja, which is just about perfect.
6. feeling… sleepy.
7. watching… Stranger Things. So good. And one of the few things I’ve watched all summer that wasn’t either a Marvel property or a British crime (and/or spy) drama, so that’s kind of nice.
8. planning… my next sewing project.
9. discovering… that one day of doing absolutely nothing is my limit. (I mean. I knew that. But now I know that. Halfway through day two, I was so bored.)
10. looking… for the perfect serving tray. I have reasons.
1. drinking… so much iced coffee. Still. And I will continue to do so until October, probably.
2. cursing… the DVR. That’s ok. I didn’t need to see those episodes of Agent Carter. 😦
3. hoping… to get out and actually take some pictures soon. I’m getting annoyed with myself.
4. making… my mind up. It’s definitely time to cut my hair.
5. reupholstering… my desk chair. I’m starting to move forward on the office again.
6. editing… the last of the photos from May.
7. getting… back on track. I still don’t have everything sorted out, but I’m making progress.
8. thinking… about ice cream recipes. Not sure what I want to make next.
9. looking… forward to the end of 2016. It just keeps being terrible.
10. reactivating… my NaNoWriMo account. I’m surprised I was able to—I’d fully expected to have to start a new account.
It’s been a while since I’ve shared a cat photo, and Lucy actually sat still for once.
1. wondering… why I can’t find solid red washi tape in any local stores.
2. drinking… more hot chocolate in the last two weeks than I’ve had in the last two years. (It’s been that kind of autumn.)
3. catching… up on everything that’s been filling up my DVR over the last couple of months. (Heroes Reborn isn’t as good as season one of the original series, but not as bad as the third season. It’s fun.)
4. making… lists. So many lists.
5. feeling… lazy.
6. hoping… that I haven’t over-committed myself.
7. waiting… for, like, three different shipments that have to arrive in time for Christmas, and it’s killing me.
8. losing… motivation, and momentum, and it means I’ve got so much to do this coming week.
9. trying… to avoid Doctor Who spoilers until I can watch the episode (so, Monday night). So if the entire internet could just… not talk about it, that’d be great.
10. loving… this video by Shea Glover. It’s amazing. ♥
1. tackling… my reading backlog. The stack is getting a little smaller.
2. rethinking… a few things.
3. making… an effort to do something with Twitter for once.
4. feeling… like a grown-up. A boring grown-up.
5. working… on some behind-the scenes stuff around here. Time for a new coat of paint, I think.
6. watching… Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. So much fun. (And the costumes!)
7. looking… for a good iOS game. I’m getting a bit bored with my usual.
8. starting… work on the office. Not quickly, but things are finally moving in the right direction.
9. waiting… for fall. I’ve hit my limit with summer.
10. trying… to wake up.
1. thinking… about going back in time and trying to convince my 18-year-old self to go into urban planning. But there is no way she’d believe me.
2. looking… for something new to read.
3. making… arrangements for my autumn getaway. Plane ticket is bought, hotel room is booked; the only thing left to do is take care of the incidentals and spend a lot of time daydreaming and reading coffee shop reviews.
4. trying… to find a nice, simple keychain. It’s strangely difficult.
5. working… on so much stuff. I’m still a bit distracted, but I have so many ideas. Photo stuff, drawing, writing, blog stuff… it’s good.
6. watching… The Americans. I didn’t give it a chance when it started, but I’m really liking it.
7. obsessing… over details.
8. laughing… at what an absolute monster Lucy is when she has to see the vet. (Just her annual checkup this time.)
9. waiting… anxiously for fall clothes to start showing up in the stores.
10. hitting… deadlines. Just.
1. going… on a quick day trip. I needed to see someplace new.
2. dealing… with a cold. Hit me, like clockwork, on the first full day of autumn. I just have to accept that September 2014 was not meant to be a productive month.
3. watching… series two of Utopia (finally!), Play It Again, Dick, and Gotham. Loving them all.
4. also watching… a bunch of mediocre romantic comedies, because it’s all my attention span can handle right now.
5. looking… for something new to read. (Any suggestions? I’m craving a relatively light novel—YA is fine—because, again, no attention span right now. Tweet me.)
6. making… Christmas plans. Because I’m a little obsessive about my baking.
7. pushing… just a little too hard.
8. planning… a photoshoot that’s just a little bit out of my comfort zone. Should be fun.
9. remembering… my priorities.
10. getting… back on my feet.
1. getting… back to work. It’s fantastic.
2. eating… homemade cherry sorbet. Lovely.
3. planning… the next few months.
4. waiting… out the storm. (Which has probably passed by the time you’re reading this, but I’m scheduling this post just in case we lose power.)
5. remembering… that I really prefer spring and autumn to summer.
6. reading… too many slightly-embarrassing novels.
7. thinking… about paint colours, still.
8. trying… to put together a photoshoot that shouldn’t be so difficult.
9. making… up my mind.
10. wondering… when series two of Utopia is going to air in Canada.