Every month, I share the articles and sites that I found most interesting. Here’s what caught my attention in February: making money as a YA author, planning, procrastination and burnout, and more.
1. waiting… for the perfect light.
2. playing… with new toys. And having so much fun.
3. trying… to be better with Twitter. (Again.) Hopefully, I can make the habit stick this time.
4. cursing… the weird DRM they use on library ebooks. Because why would anyone want to switch between devices when reading a book? (Also cursing particularly dumb bank fees. Because I’m getting old, apparently.)
5. listening… to Blackstar all the way through, finally. So good.
6. framing… and hanging art. ♥
7. getting… ready to start the real work on the office. First up: getting rid of the awful beige paint. (Well. No. First up is a massive decluttering operation, and packing up whatever can be packed. Then the painting starts.)
8. cleaning… out my files. I’m already in spring-cleaning mode. Up next: my closet.
9. watching… The Force Awakens. Finally. (The fangirl in me is very happy.)
10. wondering… why I find it harder to shop for myself than for (literally) anyone else.
1. wishing… I could show you the fantastic project I’ve been working on, but doing so would be a spoiler for someone’s Christmas present. I’ll share it in January.
2. resisting… temptation. Nostalgia’s been a bitch this week.
3. loving… this 1985 interview with Steve Jobs. It’s fantastic.
4. getting… more annoyed each time I see ‘overwhelm’ used as a noun. I know it’s technically correct (or has a historical precedent, at least), but that doesn’t make it right. (Seriously. This bothers me a lot. There are better words. Use them.)
5. starting… my week-long baking marathon. (This just became one of my favourite biscotti recipes ever.)
6. waiting… for one last parcel to arrive. (Looks like it’ll be here in time, but who knows?)
7. preparing… for the site relaunch. The 1 January deadline I set for myself doesn’t feel quite as impossible as it did earlier in the month.
8. feeling… curious. And strangely unsettled. This is such a weird time of year.
9. hoping… that I’m not coming down with a cold. I really can’t spare the time.
10. wondering… why I haven’t gone to see Star Wars yet. (Answer: because I’m insanely busy. Still. I saw the prequels opening day. I can’t believe I wasn’t in the cinema on Thursday.)