1. wishing… for a normal week. It’s hard to build a routine lately.
2. getting… inspired. I’ve got a bunch of new ideas for These Modern Things all of a sudden. (Probably because I’ve also got a huge list of revisions to do on The Black Sun.)
3. accepting… that my Lomo’Instant is dying. (It still technically works, but only in full sun, and even then it’s iffy.) It’s such a cute camera, but… yeah. I’m annoyed that it didn’t last longer.
4. trying… not to go overboard on Hallowe’en candy. (And failing.)
5. daydreaming… about converting a school bus into a tiny house. Someday….
6. waking… up at 4:30 in the morning because the cat hates this particular time change with a passion.
7. watching… so many movies.
8. shifting… to a traveler’s notebook for my bullet journal and other day-to-day stuff. (I’ve had it for a while, but I wanted to finish up the book I was using first.) I’m not sure what I think of it yet; I might end up switching back to a Moleskine in January.
9. recycling… another bag of stress-inducing clutter. Such a great feeling.
10. feeling… a bit overwhelmed.
1. starting… to build that new wardrobe I’ve been thinking about. It’s possible I’m putting too much thought into it. There’s a spreadsheet.
2. making… waffles. I got a waffle iron! It’s so exciting! (To me. It’s exciting to me.)
3. getting… ready for 2015. (!)
4. listening… to David Bowie’s isolated vocals on ‘Ziggy Stardust’. Amazing.
5. deciding… what to make during this year’s Christmas baking marathon.
6. playing… with the new TinType app from Hipstamatic. So much fun.
7. backing… 100 More Years of Analog Film by FILM Ferrania on Kickstarter. I was so excited when I saw this particular project, and I would have backed it immediately, but it took me ages to decide how much I wanted to pledge.
8. trying… an experiment. I’ll let you know if it works. (If it doesn’t, I will never mention it again.)
9. looking… for a new workout. It’s official—I need something new. I just don’t know what.
10. noticing… a pattern.
1. making… ice cream. No recipes yet (I’m just getting the hang of things), but I have ideas. Oh, I have ideas.
2. watching… Ripper Street series two
3. finishing… my 2014 Summer Road Trip playlist
4. backing… the Lomo’Instant Camera – a gorgeous and creative Instax-compatible camera system.
5. drinking… strong iced coffee
6. letting… Ruth Chang’s TED talk sink in.
7. wondering… when it’s going to start to feel like summer
8. searching… for the perfect camera bag
9. bookmarking… One Woman Shop
10. loving… black & white photography. You might have noticed.