1. getting… back to work.
2. talking… myself out of dying my hair pink. Or teal. Or any colour other than blonde. I miss real colour desperately but I know I can’t be bothered to maintain it.
3. planning… the next draft of Violet Lane. I’m ready to start writing on Monday.
4. experimenting… with the whole bullet journal thing again. Turns out the setup I was using didn’t work as well as I thought.
5. trying… Beyond Meat burgers. I was pleasantly surprised—not the best burger I’ve ever had, but perfectly good for something store-bought, and far better than any other veggie burger I’ve had. I’ll have them again. (That said, I do want to finally try making my own veggie burgers this summer.)
6. catching… up on my podcast backlog! Completely! As of right now, there is no backlog. Which means I’m tempted to go looking for something new, to start the cycle all over again.
7. making… plans for the site redesign. Now I just need to pick a day to tear everything down and rebuild.
8. meeting… the new ravens! Over the past few years, I’ve managed to become friendly acquaintances with the local pair; this year I got to see their fledglings! (Which, yes, meant I was standing in the middle of a public path talking to four ravens like they understand English. But four ravens! 😍)
9. starting… to build my DVD/Blu-Ray collection again. I got out of the habit, but as streaming services multiply, it makes more sense to me to buy anything I want to see more than once. Now I need to figure out how to store these things.
10. refining… my goals and updating my inspiration board.
A day late with this (time got away from me this weekend), but here goes.
1. working… on, like, six different projects, all of which I’m super excited about. (And, because creativity begets creativity, I might be toying with another idea. Or two.)
2. processing… my emotions about Anthony Bourdain’s death. I’m really surprised at how hard it hit me.
3. finishing… the four-week running program I’d been doing! Now I need to set a new goal.
4. going… with a lighter shade of blonde, at least for the summer. I kind of love it.
5. sorting… out logistical issues.
6. waking… up at three a.m. for some reason. And then staying awake until about half an hour before I have to get up. (It’s happened twice now, and I hate it.)
7. thinking… about baking something. Because now that it’s finally starting to feel like summer, why not look for more reasons to turn on the oven?
8. figuring… out how to fix the ending of The Black Sun. It’s kind of awesome.
9. trying… to get back on track. The last week was a bit of a disaster, as far as my schedule goes.
10. reading… for fun. Weird how easy it can be to let that slip, isn’t it?
1. taking… steps to eliminate some of my more annoying distractions. Or trying to, at least.
2. eating… all the Cadbury Creme Eggs.
3. cutting… my hair. Finally. I’ll probably regret it in a few weeks when I start running again and can’t pull it back, but for now, it’s fantastic.
4. thinking… about art and craft and process.
5. watching… Black Panther. So good. (And this time, I don’t have to wait two months to read all the analyses!)
6. feeling… simultaneously frustrated and motivated. It’s… actually not a bad place to be.
7. saving… every single resource linked in this article for future reference. (Writers: take a look! There’s a lot of potential usefulness here.)
8. cursing… Canada Post. Which I end up doing every single time I order something. (All of my parcels did eventually arrive. So that’s nice.)
9. enjoying… the 100 Days of Black & White project more than I thought I would. Mostly. (More on that subject later today.)
10. looking… at cupcake recipes. Still.
1. feeling… restless. There’s been a lot of daydreaming about tiny studio apartments and Airstream trailers lately.
2. wearing… the fingerless gloves I got for Christmas. I love them.
3. rethinking… pretty much all of my social media use.
4. discovering… that my hair is finally long enough for a decent messy bun, just at the moment when I’d decided it was time to chop it all off. Now I’m torn… I like the idea of being able to do something with my hair, but history shows that when it gets this long, I’ll just get annoyed and throw it into a ponytail.
5. learning… how to use my AeroPress. 🖤
6. preparing… a new regular feature for the blog. I think it’s going to launch on Wednesday.
7. trying… to rebuild my habit of watching at least one new-to-me movie a week.
8. waiting… for the specific bulletin board I want (have I mentioned that I’m really picky? Because I’m really picky) to come back in stock. I’m literally checking the website twice a day. It’s absurd.
9. getting… back into the routines I put on hold back in November.
10. debating… whether or not to rearrange all my books by colour. I need to do something with my bookshelves, but I don’t know what. (Exciting, right?)
1. feeling… productive. I’ve been reviewing my to-do list setup and schedule, and… I think it might be working for me? Maybe? The whole thing’s still a work in progress.
2. making… ice cream. It’s been a few weeks. (This week: Rocky Road House, from the Big Gay Ice Cream cookbook.)
3. researching… web hosts. It’s time to move. Unfortunately, it was a lot easier to navigate this stuff… 14? 15?… years ago when I last had to think about it. This also means that things are going to be a little bit weird around here in the next few weeks… and I’m probably looking at a full redesign, just because.
4. editing… photos. I’ll be ready to share them soon. (Though… probably not until the redesign is finished. Maybe keep an eye on my Instagram.)
5. missing… pink hair. I might have to go back sometime soon.
6. putting… together a list of everything I need to do to get ready for NaNoWriMo. It’s… a lot of stuff.
7. rethinking… my running program. The C25K plan I’ve been following didn’t quite click for me, so it’s time to try a different approach.
8. thinking… of new ideas, and expanding old ones.
9. trying… not to get overwhelmed by all the things I have to do over the next couple of weeks and months.
10. wishing… the neighbour cat didn’t have to move. She’s awesome, and I miss her already.
1. loving… the new season of Doctor Who. Already. (Even if I keep forgetting that it’s on.)
2. thinking… about my daily schedule, and the changes I want to make. (And trying to come up with a good way to figure some of this stuff out.)
3. baking… hot cross buns. I’ve never quite been able to get them right (I have no idea why. I’m fine with other breads), but I finally did it! They were pretty close to perfect. (I also made cheesecake. It was delicious, too.)
4. noticing… some interesting influences in the story I’m outlining.
5. eating… far too much chocolate.
6. planning… to bake a chocolate cake. Because of course I am.
7. working… on something that strongly resembles a Plan. It’s… kind of freaking me out, actually. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not.
8. playing… with themes and variations in my photo project. It’s been fun, and I’m really happy with the result.
9. chopping… off my hair. It’s not too short (kinda wish I’d gone shorter), but it’s… sassier.
10. looking… ahead at a busy week.
Getting to this a day late, but whatever.
1. troubleshooting… the computer. Every week, it seems like it develops a new and mysterious problem. (The computer isn’t exactly new, so this sort of thing is to be expected—sort of—but it’s still annoying.)
2. feeling… determined. Those plans I’ve been making? It’s time to start following through.
3. hating… the humidity.
4. thinking… about my NaNoWriMo story. I’m 100% clear on the first act… it’s everything else that’s giving me trouble.
5. wondering… why I insist on making bread in this heat.
6. making… sorbet. That makes a little more sense.
7. watching… more movies. I fell out of the habit a while ago, and it’s good to get back to it.
8. doing… something about my hair. Finally. New colour last week, and I’ll be cutting it short this week. I can’t wait.
9. buying… new Converse. ♥
10. trying… to take more photos. It’s still a struggle.
1. drinking… so much iced coffee. Still. And I will continue to do so until October, probably.
2. cursing… the DVR. That’s ok. I didn’t need to see those episodes of Agent Carter. 😦
3. hoping… to get out and actually take some pictures soon. I’m getting annoyed with myself.
4. making… my mind up. It’s definitely time to cut my hair.
5. reupholstering… my desk chair. I’m starting to move forward on the office again.
6. editing… the last of the photos from May.
7. getting… back on track. I still don’t have everything sorted out, but I’m making progress.
8. thinking… about ice cream recipes. Not sure what I want to make next.
9. looking… forward to the end of 2016. It just keeps being terrible.
10. reactivating… my NaNoWriMo account. I’m surprised I was able to—I’d fully expected to have to start a new account.
1. changing… one big plot point in my NaNoWriMo outline. It completely changes the story, and it’s going to be so much better.
2. getting… up at a truly absurd hour to go take pictures. (I was finished and back home by 6:30. In the morning. On a Saturday.)
3. making… my first batch of ice cream of the year. (Chocolate. Obviously. Recipe from the Big Gay Ice Cream cookbook. ♥)
4. doing… some slightly-belated spring cleaning around here.
5. feeling… heartbroken over the Brexit vote. I’m a pretty serious anglophile, and I’m sad and scared to think about what might be happening to the UK.
6. drinking… iced coffee. It’s finally summer.
7. eating… strawberries.
8. trying… to find solutions to my creative ennui. I think I’m making progress, but it’s hard to say just yet.
9. reaching… the point where I either have to find something to do with my hair, or chop it off. Wearing it down all the time just isn’t working with this weather.
10. filling… sketchbooks.
1. getting… ready for a serious planning session.
2. using… my Twitter client’s ‘mute’ function so much. (And looking forward to using it even more as the US election cycle drags on….)
3. painting… the office. Finally. It’s still going to be a while before the room looks like I want it to (I don’t even have the furniture back in place), but even just painting—and the decluttering that went along with it—has been a huge improvement.
4. feeling… tired. I tend to forget how much work is involved in painting a room.
5. starting… the search for new conditioner. It looks like my go-to has been discontinued, so I have to start reading labels again…. ::sigh::
6. loving… Habitica. Part game, part my new favourite to-do list app.
7. waiting… to get the cable fixed.
8. falling… behind on some of my non-room-painting projects.
9. fine-tuning… some of my routines. And still thinking that I need to get out of some routines.
10. wondering… whether I’m going to get a chance to bake anything this weekend. I want to, but… painting.