I’m still on a bit of a hiatus for the holidays. Happy New Year, and I’ll be back full-time next week.
1. eating… all the food.
2. indulging… in nostalgia. (I’ve been playing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the first time since I was… thirteen? Fifteen? Somewhere around there. However long it’s been, the muscle memory is still strong.)
3. figuring… out how to fix the one issue with The Black Sun that was still nagging at me. It’ll involve shuffling some scenes around and adding some stuff, but it’s going to be so good.
4. making… all the plans. I am so ready to get back to work.
5. feeling… annoyed. My favourite camera store is closing at the end of January. They’ve got another location, but it’s a 40-minute bus ride away, so that won’t be happening very often.
6. craving… a site redesign. It might be time… or it might just be that I’m really feeling the whole new year thing and kind of want to change everything. (Or at least refresh the current design.)
7. accepting… that no ‘real’ work is going to get done before the 7th. (Despite #4 above.)
8. trying… to catch up on the podcast backlog.
9. looking… forward to packing everything away and vacuuming up the glitter. As much as I love Christmas—and this year was kind of amazing—I can only handle the trappings of it for so long.
10. taking… advantage of Boxing Day sales. (In my defence, it was online—so I wasn’t actually braving the crowds—and it was spending gift cards on books. So I feel no guilt.)
1. stocking… up on index cards and coloured pens. ❤️
2. trying… to narrow down my choices for this year’s Christmas baking marathon. I have too many recipes.
3. updating… my portfolio. I absolutely love the surfing photos I took this summer.
4. dealing… with a cold. It hasn’t been terrible, just bad enough to destroy my attention span and make me want to sleep all the time. But I think I’m getting better now.
5. starting… to think about my goals for next year. Yes. Already.
6. swooning… over the Super Nintendo Classic. I kind of need one. Hearing the music for Star Fox 2 triggers the same adrenaline rush that the original did when I was 13. (And the Legend of Zelda music might’ve made me tear up, just a little.)
7. making… cranberry sauce and a pumpkin tart.
8. watching… Star Trek: Discovery. It’s really good so far.
9. getting… caught up on my Project 365 posts. I’m so close! I am determined to get through the rest of the year without falling behind again—this has been painful.
10. daydreaming… about tiny little apartments with amazing windows. (This is not a new thing for me.)
Neko Atsume. I’m obsessed.
1. thinking… about what to make for Easter dessert. I’m leaning toward cupcakes, but I don’t know what recipe….
2. playing… Neko Atsume. Well. I say ‘playing.’ (I don’t have a lot of neighbourhood cats to befriend in real life, and I’d missed it. ;-))
3. making… plans. And I’m being very systematic about it for once; there are multiple notebooks and colour-coding and stacks of index cards.
4. getting… about as far with the office as I can, at least until new bookshelves are delivered and I’ve bought some more storage boxes. Still, it’s so much better than it was.
5. staying… up to watch the Oscars. I’m not even sure why, except I always have, and it feels weird not to.
6. listening… to Cavern of Secrets. A.K.A. new favourite podcast.
7. looking… for either the perfect tote bag, or the perfect tote bag pattern. I have something very specific in mind, but I might have to invent it.
8. trying… to sort out an odd password issue. (It’s going to be something dumb, like I used my Google account to log in originally. I just know it.)
9. wondering… if I’m going to be awake enough to do anything tomorrow.
10. ordering… that French-language novel I’ve been hoping to try to read forever. It’s happening.
1. making… decisions.
2. eating… tacos.
3. enjoying… the long weekend (I kind of needed it).
4. buying… shoes. So many pairs of shoes.
5. playing… A Dark Room. So simple, but so compelling. Thoughtful, and dark, and completely addictive. (iTunes)
6. exercising… self-control.
7. feeling… weirdly grown-up.
8. looking… at ShotHotspot—a search engine for photo locations. The selection is still a little sparse for my area, but there’s a lot of potential here.
9. searching… for motivation.
10. running… on three hours’ sleep.