1. realizing… that I really need to organize my notes in Evernote. It’s kind of a mess right now.
2. finishing… the edits on all the photos I took in August.
3. thinking… about the next painting. I have ideas. I’m going to have to do a few experiments.
4. reaching… 5K in my (no-longer-C25K) running plan! Of course, on the run that immediately followed that one, I managed to do something to my ankle, but… whatever. It’s a setback, but nothing I can’t handle.
5. discovering… a local grocery delivery service! I’ve wanted one for ages. (Putting the link here so I remember it in the future.)
6. learning… that the cat that’s always hanging around the parking lot seems to have people. Which means I’m not going to attempt a rescue mission, because I don’t want to steal someone’s cat.
7. looking… for the perfect shimmery/metallic grey nail polish. (I don’t want silver, or glitter, and I’ve got five or six different shades of black. But I really want something in the pewter-gunmetal range.)
8. studying… character development in preparation for NaNoWriMo. (And generally starting to get serious about my NaNo plans.)
9. starting… to think ahead to fall. (Fall-that-feels-like-fall, not this late-summer thing we’ve got going right now.) I want to start baking again, and wearing scarves, and… yeah.
10. cleaning… up the archives. I think I’m just about finished the new design. I’ve still got a few little details to take care of (obviously), but… I’m getting there.
1. finishing… up the move to the new webhost. The big things are done, now I’ve just got to find + fix all the little problems.
2. wondering… whether the new cat in the neighbourhood is a stray, or just an outdoor cat who likes to hang around the parking lot. She’s the friendliest little thing.
3. starting… a different running program. The C25K plan I’d been following wasn’t working for me. (I hit a plateau, and then I got bored, and then… yeah.) The new plan is more challenging, more interesting, and seems to be working better for me.
4. baking… bread again. It’s finally cool enough to think about turning the oven on. (I might actually be making cookies sometime soon.)
5. looking… forward to the new IKEA store. Like… I’m really excited. (Bookshelves!)
6. making… up my mind. I know what I’m going to write for NaNoWriMo. Now the planning starts.
7. editing… photos.
8. losing… my love for Pinterest. It’s been awful lately: so many ads, the new algorithm makes my carefully-curated feed absolutely useless, and their stats don’t make any sense.
9. trying… about a hundred different productivity systems, and finally (hopefully) starting to find something that works for me.
10. watching… The Defenders. (And catching up on Ripper Street.)
1. feeling… productive. I’ve been reviewing my to-do list setup and schedule, and… I think it might be working for me? Maybe? The whole thing’s still a work in progress.
2. making… ice cream. It’s been a few weeks. (This week: Rocky Road House, from the Big Gay Ice Cream cookbook.)
3. researching… web hosts. It’s time to move. Unfortunately, it was a lot easier to navigate this stuff… 14? 15?… years ago when I last had to think about it. This also means that things are going to be a little bit weird around here in the next few weeks… and I’m probably looking at a full redesign, just because.
4. editing… photos. I’ll be ready to share them soon. (Though… probably not until the redesign is finished. Maybe keep an eye on my Instagram.)
5. missing… pink hair. I might have to go back sometime soon.
6. putting… together a list of everything I need to do to get ready for NaNoWriMo. It’s… a lot of stuff.
7. rethinking… my running program. The C25K plan I’ve been following didn’t quite click for me, so it’s time to try a different approach.
8. thinking… of new ideas, and expanding old ones.
9. trying… not to get overwhelmed by all the things I have to do over the next couple of weeks and months.
10. wishing… the neighbour cat didn’t have to move. She’s awesome, and I miss her already.
1. going… to see Wonder Woman. Twice. (It’s so good! I assume at some point I’ll stop tearing up at the end of the No Man’s Land scene? Eventually?)
2. feeling… lazy and unmotivated. It’s time for a reboot.
3. planning… my first batch of ice cream for the year. I don’t care if it’s rainy and gloomy and not particularly warm. It was stupidly hot earlier in the week, and I have made up my mind. (The base is mixed, and ready for freezing later today. I can’t wait.)
4. watching… the Black Panther teaser trailer. Maybe more than twice.
5. starting… to do some planting, but now the rest of it is on hold (for very stupid reasons).
6. having… a really busy week. I’m not sure what I was thinking.
7. remembering… how to format a screenplay. It took a day or so to find the rhythm, but then I fell back in love with the form.
8. making… it through two whole weeks without having to adjust my C25K schedule because of rain. This is A Big Deal.
9. thinking… about which comics I want to start next.
10. buying… pens.
1. feeling… bored. With a lot of things.
2. making… friends with the neighbour cat. I’ve wanted to say ‘hi’ to her(?) ever since her people moved in, but this week was the first time I was outside at the same time she was. (She’s very friendly and fluffy. 😻)
3. rewriting… the NaNoWriMo story. It’s… a lot of work. But I’m happy with it. And I’m really happy to be back to putting words on the page.
4. getting… a bunch of books that’ve been on my list for ages. (And one of them is step one in those plans I was talking about a couple of weeks ago.)
5. starting… a couch-to-5K program, and modifying my usual workout accordingly. (Translation: everything hurts, in a good way. Mostly.)
6. baking… chocolate-Guinness cake. So good.
7. playing… with my DSLR, and remembering that I actually really love it. I rely on my phone so much lately—and I do sometimes appreciate the limitations—but I need to use the real camera more often.
8. cursing… Canada Post. They’re kind of terrible at scanning the parcels I’m waiting for. (The parcels did eventually arrive.)
9. hoping… to get into a routine that works for me next week. Between the new workout schedule, baking, and trying to fit errands in around the weather, this week was kind of a mess.
10. thinking… about what to read next.