You guys know I love all the movie supercuts that come out at the end of the year. This one, by Nick Bosworth, is particularly wonderful.
Found via Go Into The Story.
I debated whether or not to do some sort of year-in-review type post this year. They’re difficult for me: there’s always a lot of stuff I don’t really want to go into in a public space, I hate talking about my goals too much, and this time of year, I have trouble finding the time to actually sit down and write a proper post. I didn’t really do a review last year, or make any solid plans. (This was as close as I got, and that was in February.)
But then I realized that 2014 was actually pretty awesome for me, and I have some huge plans for 2015, and that I really should mark that in some way. That, and I love making lists. (I’ll be looking ahead to 2015 in a few days.)
My 2014 in 14 Numbers, Details, and Miscellaneous Asides
- Books Read: 60 (None of which were on the list of books I’ve been meaning to read.)
- Existential Crises: 2 (both art-related)
- Moved: approx. 3.5 km, and it makes all the difference in the world
- Movies Watched: 23 (not enough)
- New Favourite Recipe: Sicilian chocolate gelato, from Alice Medrich’s Bittersweet
- Blog Posts: 72 (here & on the old blog)
- Most Popular Blog Post: Cinnamon Rolls for Two | Small-Batch Recipe
- My Favourite Blog Post: Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two | Small-Batch Recipe
- Photos Taken: approx. 800-900 (My count is slightly off because of my weird filing system – and multiple copies of some photos – but that’s a good estimate. It’s not nearly enough.)
- Road Trips: 3
- Coffee Shops Within a Five-Minute Walk of the New Apartment: 3
- Second Favourite Accomplishment (since moving is my absolute favourite thing about this year): taking the time to properly decorate the new apartment (still a work-in-progress).
- Kickstarter Projects Backed: 2
- Trips to the Vet: 6 (Just to reiterate, Lucy’s fine. But she developed an issue that required semi-regular shots. Which she hates enough that she now has a reputation–with a note in her file, to warn everyone–for being ‘difficult.’ That’s my girl.)
(Full list of movies & songs available on YouTube.)