1. trying… new recipes, with mixed success. The ones that worked were fantastic, and I’ll make them again, but the one that didn’t was a massive failure.
2. feeling… content. It’s been a good couple of weeks, considering. I had a nice Christmas.
3. confirming… my suspicions that the transition to the new site design won’t be as smooth as I hoped. But I’m getting there. Slowly.
4. getting… Lucy to sit still for a photo, for once.
5. rethinking… my plans for New Year’s Day dessert at the last minute, because I can’t find cranberries and I’m not going to the supermarket again.
6. starting… to feel like I kind of know what I’m doing.
7. troubleshooting… one of my plants (Calathea lancifolia). Or trying to. I think I might’ve overwatered it? I’m not sure. I’m still getting the hang of keeping plants alive in this apartment.
8. hunkering… down. The omicron variant is hitting my region hard, and I don’t really feel like venturing out into the crowds. But I’m ok with that—everything’s organized, and I’m fine at home until the new year.
9. putting… the final touches on my plans for 2022.
10. thinking… about another round of revisions on The Marcasite Star. Maybe—I’ve got other things I need to do first. (Like finish the first draft of Birthday Girl.)
Have a safe and happy holiday season, whatever you celebrate! And if you don’t celebrate anything at all, I hope you’re having a nice weekend.