1. befriending… the neighbour cats. Officially, this time. (Before, they just didn’t get nervous and hide when I approached the building. Now they actually come over to say ‘hi.’ 🖤)
2. getting… over my second vaccination pretty smoothly: a bit of a headache for a couple of days, but none of the arm pain (or bruising) of my first dose.
3. noticing… that the RSS feeds for a few blogs that I’ve followed for years have just… disappeared. The sites are still updating, but they’re not supporting RSS anymore. In at least one case, I’m pretty sure it’s an attempt to push people toward a newsletter, because of course it is. (I might’ve subscribed, if they’d ever bothered to mention the change. Instead, I just thought that the blog went dormant six months ago and I never missed it… so, obviously, I don’t need it in my life.)
4. sorting… through my collection of sewing patterns. I probably don’t need to keep multiple ballgown patterns, do I?
5. making… my first batch of ice cream of 2021. So good.
6. (still) looking… for a way to organize and keep track of story ideas. Being able to review and retrieve things is key.
7. trying… to keep my motivation up. It’s been tricky lately.
8. experimenting… with film photography for the first time in over a decade. (Not counting Instax.) I’ll let you know how it went when I get the pictures back from the lab.
9. starting… to learn my way around my typewriter. I need to figure out where to put it—the ergonomics of my desk are fine for the computer keyboard, but terrible for the typewriter.
10. putting… together so many playlists.