1. trying… a new notebook setup.
2. making… an actual plan to try some of the (literal) hundreds of recipes I’ve got saved.
3. catching… another summer cold. I am having the worst luck with that this year.
4. worrying… that I’m about to become one of those insufferable Instagram ‘plant parents.’
5. going… back to the drawing board with Violet Lane.
6. missing… the merlins. They didn’t come back this year, which is sad—I loved watching them—but it does mean that the juncos have been hanging around more. They’re fun, too.
7. watching… some fantastically inspiring movies.
8. buying… a raincoat. I’ve needed a new one—or any water-resistant jacket with a hood, really—for years, but it’s taken me this long to find one I don’t hate.
9. seeing… a few connections I was missing before.
10. waiting… for a couple of very cool deliveries. (And they—mostly—arrived on time!)
4 responses to “Snapshot #133 | 10 Things for 11 August 2019”
What sort of notebook do you use? I’ve been using a Bullet Journal for the last couple of years, but I’ve ended up just using it for work.
I’m starting with a basic Bullet Journal concept, but I’m moving from a Moleskine to a Traveler’s Journal-style notebook. (I finally found one that holds A5 inserts.) I’m still setting everything up, but I’m hoping that using different inserts to separate day-to-day stuff from bigger projects and writing-related notes will solve my two biggest problems with a ‘traditional’ Bullet Journal: the tedium of transferring important lists/notes/etc. every time I start a new book, and keeping track of notes that aren’t tied to a specific date. (Admittedly, that last one would be easier if I could get into the habit of transferring things into Evernote on a regular basis, but… well.)
#10 it’s where I’m at right now. Waiting for a package that’s taking it’s time. And another one that’s scheduled for Monday. Hope we get them on time. I’ve made the conclusion that things arrive not when we want them, but when it’s needed.
That’s a much better perspective than my tendency to just grumble about Canada Post. 😄