1. easing… back into my (good) routines, and trying not to fall back into the less-helpful ones.
2. trying… Scrivener. It’s taking a bit of time to get used to, but I might like it? I’m not sure yet.
3. marvelling… at the clerk in the camera store that directed his entire sales pitch to the guy who was with me, even after we both made it clear that I was the one who was making the decisions. (And I just said it was my favourite camera shop. I’m a little less sad it’s closing now.)
4. watching… the tracking info for… a bunch of stuff. Alternately cursing Canada Post (for never scanning anything) and USPS (for scanning my parcel a dozen times without actually moving it anywhere.)
5. rereading… Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon. It’s a good way to find my motivation again.
6. rethinking… pretty much everything. (This is the problem with trying to reestablish routines.)
7. hating… the cold. The last few days have been brutal.
8. organizing… revision notes.
9. looking… at all the hand-lettering lessons I’ve got saved. It’s a bit overwhelming.
10. feeling… weirdly unsettled by the whole new year thing. I’m not sure what it is this year, but… yeah.