I’m still on a bit of a hiatus for the holidays. Happy New Year, and I’ll be back full-time next week.
1. eating… all the food.
2. indulging… in nostalgia. (I’ve been playing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the first time since I was… thirteen? Fifteen? Somewhere around there. However long it’s been, the muscle memory is still strong.)
3. figuring… out how to fix the one issue with The Black Sun that was still nagging at me. It’ll involve shuffling some scenes around and adding some stuff, but it’s going to be so good.
4. making… all the plans. I am so ready to get back to work.
5. feeling… annoyed. My favourite camera store is closing at the end of January. They’ve got another location, but it’s a 40-minute bus ride away, so that won’t be happening very often.
6. craving… a site redesign. It might be time… or it might just be that I’m really feeling the whole new year thing and kind of want to change everything. (Or at least refresh the current design.)
7. accepting… that no ‘real’ work is going to get done before the 7th. (Despite #4 above.)
8. trying… to catch up on the podcast backlog.
9. looking… forward to packing everything away and vacuuming up the glitter. As much as I love Christmas—and this year was kind of amazing—I can only handle the trappings of it for so long.
10. taking… advantage of Boxing Day sales. (In my defence, it was online—so I wasn’t actually braving the crowds—and it was spending gift cards on books. So I feel no guilt.)