1. finding… my pace in the current draft. Slowly, but I’m managing.
2. resisting… the urge to spend all my money on vintage cameras. I really want a twin-lens reflex right now.
3. planning… to start my running season, very soon. As soon as it stops feeling like winter. (Or… a week from tomorrow. Fingers crossed.)
4. making… these cupcakes. Have I mentioned before that I’m a little bit obsessed with small-batch baking? Because I’m a little bit obsessed with small-batch baking.
5. getting… ready to read The Black Sun in preparation for the first round of edits. I’m equal parts nervous and excited.
6. wondering… just how many coffee-making devices one person actually needs. (But at the same time, I don’t really care, because my new French press is adorable.)
7. starting… to suspect that I’m coming down with a cold. Of course. (Update, between writing and posting this: I’m definitely coming down with a cold. Fun!)
8. eating… far too much candy.
9. thinking… about expanding my bread-baking repertoire. Sourdough’s first up, of course, but now I’m thinking about croissants and brioche and maybe trying my hand at bagels again.
10. refreshing… my German-language skills. I’m kind of rusty. (It’s been years since I officially studied. It’s coming back to me, but wow.)