1. relying… on an iPad and a MacBook with a glitchy screen. It’s awful. But a new machine is on its way, and I should be able to get back into the swing of things soon. (If this post has any weird formatting issues, that’s why. I’ll clean them up when I get a chance.)
2. sorting… out the characters that have been giving me trouble in my NaNoWriMo outline. I’ve basically had to strip the whole thing back to its most basic elements and start fresh. (My backstory was threatening to take over the world.) But it’s good; I think the story will be stronger for it.
3. feeling… focussed. (Still.) A little frustrated by my technical limitations at the moment, but I’m still getting stuff done.
4. waiting… for rain.
5. researching… my next steps.
6. cutting… my hair. I don’t think it’s ever been quite this short, and I love it.
7. getting… pretty good at typing on the iPad, actually.
8. finding… ways to recharge my motivation. I’ve always struggled with that—motivation tends to just happen (or not)—but I seem to be figuring out how to help it along.
9. hating… the humidity.
10. planning… the rest of the year.