1. settling… on a cake recipe. I think it’s gonna be good.
2. making… these cookies. I’ve been looking for a recipe that makes big, soft, and flavourful peanut-butter cookies for years. This is it. (So, yeah: baking a lot right now.)
3. cleaning… out the kitchen cabinets. I’m in full spring-cleaning mode.
4. feeling… strangely good about not buying something that I really want, but that isn’t quite perfect.
5. wondering… why someone in the apartment building thinks it’s a good idea to add those scent-booster things to the common laundry machine. Horrible.
6. hoping… that I’ll get a chance to repaint the patio furniture before the trees start flinging pollen everywhere.
7. getting… distracted. Now that I’ve decided to do NaNoWriMo (more on that tomorrow), I’ve started trying to turn my (fantastic) premise into a viable plot, which has led to falling down weird internet rabbit holes as I search for inspiration and missing pieces. I keep having to remind myself that I’ve got six months.
8. having… kind of a terrible week. Even before Prince died.
9. scrambling… to clear my to-do list. See Numbers 7 & 8, above.
10. finding… inspiration. This week hasn’t been all bad.