1. planning… to make this cake. Next weekend. Already looking forward to it. (Seriously—look at that. It’s beautiful.)
2. wondering… where the year has gone. I could’ve sworn it was still February.
3. drinking… coffee. Lots of coffee. ♥
4. stocking… up on Instax film. (It seems like none of my local stores carry it anymore, so when I find some, I go a little nuts.)
5. looking… for something new to read.
6. getting… frustrated. Mostly with myself.
7. needing… to read this. The timing of this post was perfect.
8. working… on a new site design. (Finally.) It’s a little more involved than just choosing a new WordPress theme this time around, and I want to do it right.
9. thinking… about a painting (I need to do a few experiments before I get too deep).
10. starting… to feel a little better.
I almost should have expected it: no sooner did I say that things were finally starting to get back to normal, and I was ready to get back into regular posting, I was knocked off my feet for nearly a week by a cold.
It wasn’t all bad. I spent a couple of days mostly asleep (not nearly as much fun as it sounds), but then I was able to rouse myself enough to catch up on some podcasts, and some reading, and start making some serious plans. And now I’ve had two good days in a row—though this is the first without any sort of cold meds, and the computer screen is still making my eyes glaze over, just a little.
So. Barring any (more) unforeseen disasters, everything should start easing back toward normal. Regular updates first, then I’ll start working on some of these plans I’ve come up with.
1. getting… back into my routine.
2. eating… far too much leftover chocolate.
3. making… plans for the week.
4. wishing… the snow would just go away. Now. Please.
5. taking… down the Christmas wreaths. (In all fairness, there has been a four-foot snowdrift in the way since early February, and it’s only just melted enough to be able to reach the wreaths.)
6. admitting… that I really have to get back to writing fiction. The stories are there, waiting, and now I have to decide how to write them without getting too obsessive.
7. working… out the fine details.
8. troubleshooting… a computer issue. The fan keeps spinning up for no reason. Not sure what’s going on.
9. trying… very very hard not to fall back down the rabbit hole. (The temptation is strong.)
10. feeling… so inspired. So many ideas—for photos, for stories, for tattoos (Why am I thinking about tattoos? I have no plans to get a tattoo any time soon.), for paintings, for media I don’t normally work in—I don’t know what to do with them all.
‘Skinny Thing’ by Vogue Dots (Bandcamp)